Functional Area: Technisch specialist
Technisch Nederland is recruiting for a Lead Application Engineer for Eaton in Hengelo (The Netherlands).
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eatons mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton provides sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eatons 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 92,000 employees. For more information, visit Eaton.com
Join Eaton and help to provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Lead Application Engineer
The primary function of the job is with Customer Order Engineering (COE) which is part of the Post Order organization within the PDD/ESS Division. There are 3 engineering functions organized within the COE team; Electrical Engineering & Application, Mechanical Engineering and Work preparation. Responsible for all customer design activities pertaining to Low Voltage / Medium Voltage switchgear assemblies, creating high quality custom designed assemblies at a minimum cost while meeting and exceeding customer requirements, in accordance with all applicable codes and standards.
In addition, the Lead Application Engineer defines and implements improvements that improve the efficiency of the Custom Order Engineering team, and provides applied engineering and technical consultation with regard to the design and specifications of custom-made applications, necessary safety precautions and calculations during the RFQ (Request for Quotation).
The Lead Application Engineer will mentor or lead other engineers on large projects including preparation of substation single line drawings and calculations for fault calculations, grounding, and coordination. Detail physical design of substation including equipment arrangement, bus-ducts, and grounding. Detail electrical design of substation including all electrical diagrams, floor plans, protection and control schematics and wiring diagrams.
This position is critical in contributing to the development of differentiated services that support growth and differentiate Power Distribution Division as a preferred solutions provider. Works on EMEA wide. The role needs to raise the bar in the existing departments significantly (in Lead Engineering role).
Your key deliverables:
- Responsible for the assigned projects, accountable for performing work within budgeted cost estimates, committed lead times and assigned utilization levels. Thorough collection of technical information, analysis and coordination in all phases of a project. Engineering in accordance with standards, agreements, and customer requirements, and a smooth and systematic progress of the engineering process. Collaboration and pro-active communication to all stakeholders in the engineering team, and other cross functional teams (Order management, R&D, planning)
- Advise internal organization and/or customers and/or third parties about technical possibilities of products, systems and services during the ETO (Engineering to order) process in close co-operation with Sales Management and within given authorization level
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates and minimum hours
- Technical review of project documentation. Interpret specs and customer inquiries and design technical proposals and pricing for customers
- Provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of complete power distribution system design, protection & control design, or upgrades, installation, testing, maintenance, repair and training, solutions relating to increase safety, reliability, or efficiency
- Review electrical diagrams and factory drawing packages
- Provide specialized technical support for commissioning and testing of electrical installations, including programming and FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and if desired SAT (Site Acceptance test) on location world-wide, of electronic protective relays and control equipment
- Analyse failures based on customer information and advices on solutions
- Maintain and expand Engineering Guidelines, and define and implement process improvements that improve the efficiency of the Custom Order Engineering team by implementing and refining design tools that reduce design cycle time and errors
- Investigate technological developments and working methods with regard to Application Engineering, advise about possible improvements and, after approval of management, implement these
- Document all activities, data and information in line with procedures
- Maintain and expand Engineering Guidelines, and define and implement standardized process improvements that improve the efficiency of the Application Engineering team by implementing and refining design tools and structures that reduce design cycle time and errors. Must understand the switchgear Design and Manufacturing processes.
- Educated at bachelors degree in in Electrical Engineering or equivalent?
- Having a robust understanding the switchgear Design and Manufacturing processes?
- Able to work with Elcad and Eplan schematic tooling applications?
- Able to program PLC in software package Codesys, Galileo and FactoryTalk and protection relays ABB, Woodward and Siemens?
- Knowledgeable about communication protocol: Modbus, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet / IP, Devicenet, IEC61850?
- Knowledgeable about testing, diagnostic, repair tools and methods?
- Knowledgeable of the applicable law, regulations, (inter)national standards including IEC standards?
- Coming with solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task?
- Having excellent communications skills and able to interface with internal and external customers, sales, and other team members on a technical level in English (v/w) and Dutch (v) languages?
- A self-starter, driver for improvement, in coordination with the manager?
- A quick Learner, able to adopt new systems and tools quickly?
- Application expertise in the following equipment: MV, LV, control systems, power transformers, rotating machines, batteries, protection, systems grounding, substation design is preferred.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values We are more than the products we invent and produce the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are both individually and as an organization and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
For this job it is required to have a working permit in The Netherlands or that you can arrange the permit quickly.
This job is ideal for candidates living in the EU who wants to move to the Netherlands, or for highly skilled migrants who live or study in The Netherlands.
Interested in this position?
Apply today! Send your motivation and resume to email@example.com.
For any questions about this position you can reach him on: +31 6 12968478.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.